Why become a member?
Your membership is important to us. It shows that you value what we do: working to support people with Down syndrome to achieve their goals – to live a life of their choice and make their contribution to the community. With your support and your membership we can continue to provide programs that empower West Australians with Down syndrome and their families.
Your membership will help strengthen our voice
Down Syndrome WA is the only association in WA which advocates exclusively for the interests of people with Down syndrome and their families. Membership numbers give us more credibility and a stronger voice in the community to enable better advocacy to government, consumer involvement in research, an effective relationship with media and input into relevant consultations and reviews.
Other benefits for members
DSWA membership includes:
- three copies of the national journal ‘Voice’ delivered to your mail box each year
- free Aim High club membership (for adults with Down syndrome 18+)
- access to events hosted by DSWA for members
- discounted member prices for some presentations and workshops
- complimentary tickets to shows and other events which are donated to us
- as well as full use of our support services (all ages and stages), helpline, library, information, support groups, education support and adult support